Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Come as you are, as you were,
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend, as an old enemy
Take your time, hurry up
The choice is yours, don't be late
Take a rest as a friend as an old memoria

(Nirvana)

When I was 17 years old I was living in Miami and hanging out with my friend Andreina day in and day out like if we were bound by the hip. We lived a block away from each other, had gone
to the same highschool before she “resigned�. One of us always had a car (well, technically not always because we were always, for some strange reason, getting in car accidents. Three that
year).We had the same taste in music and other things. She
was in love with Eddie Vedder and I my gray courderoys were my second skin.
Our fist job together was at the Youth Fair in Miami, I was selling apple dumplings while she was getting all kinds of zits from frying them fries. We would run to each others stand whenever “Far Behind� from Candlebox was playing on the loud speaker and every night after work, we would ride in her little green Tercel till we found ourselves some trouble.
We had lots of friends but we wouldn't hang out with anyone esle because we knew nobody "understood". We would punch each other in the arm while laughing and fumando buddah like if they were going out of style and listen to Zeta 94.9 and laughing all the time.

I have so many stories to tell about experiences with her that as I’m writing this, I can honestly say I don’t know where to begin. I’ll get my thoughts in order and start with one tomorrow.

No comments: