Thursday, December 18, 2003

Heart Troubles
Someone once said that it takes a health scare to re-prioritize...
Well, shit...if this aint it then I don’t know what to say. I have Mitral Valve Prolapse. That is
when one of your heart valves is leaking blood. I ended up in the ER Monday night and spent a good five hours there. Went home all doped up after a few vicodins, some nasty tasting gel they had me swallow and after the horror (to me) of having blood drawn for testing. I went home, has weird dreams while being awake. I slept, roughly 3 hours, woke up the next morning and went to work. The chest pain was still present and I was really tired.
I got home and there was a message from the hospital saying I should call them to go over my blood test results. I have pneumonia. So here I am, sick like I have not been in a while, feeling a little sorry for myself and missing my family like crazy.
I hate this cold weather and I hate genes. Sorry for this lame-ass entry but I am a lame-ass today.

No comments: