Thursday, July 22, 2004

Happy Birthday to me

El día que tu naciste
Nacieron todas las flores
Y en la pila del bautizo cantaron los ruiseñores
Ya viene amaneciendo
Ya la luz del dia nos dió
Levantate de mañana
Mira que ya amaneció

(Las Mañanitas)

Today I turn 28 years old. I really has taken me by surprise. It’s not that I feel old, I just feel like time has passed by too fast. I can still remember being in Miami blowing 18 candles and thinking 30 was a far far thing in the future. But now, here I am, 10 years later wondering where is the girl I used to be.

Last year’s birthday sucked ass so bad, I spent it in bed crying all afternoon long because Francis had forgotten it completely and didn’t even pick me up at work, I had to walk for a long time to get home and when I finally did, as I walked in he picked a fight and was being a total jerk . As I was driving in to work this morning I thought to myself "why on earth would I still think or miss a guy like that, big mystery. Anyways, I’m feeling a little sensitive today, missing my family and wishing I was with them.
I hope my day improves.

No comments: